About Us

  Get Help


  Get Involved

  Special Events




  Connect With Us     

  Contact Us

  PO Box 411
  Jackson MS 39205 
  Get Directions 

view the interactive map)


USDA Commodities

The U.S. Department of Agriculture makes commodity foods available to State Agencies.  States provide the food to local agencies that they have selected, usually food banks, which, in turn, distribute the food to soup kitchens and food pantries that directly serve the public.

These organizations distribute the commodities for household consumption or use them to prepare and serve meals in congregate setting.  Recipients of food for home use must meet income eligibility criteria set by the States.  States also provide the food to other types of local organizations, such as community action agencies, which distribute the foods directly to needy households.



Join our mailing lists |Privacy Policy | E-mail Us | Related Links | Agency Relations | Terms of Use